Seats left: 37
Watson Discovery Service: Unlock Insights
IBM's Watson Discovery is an AI based search technology that retrieves information buried inside enterprise data. Using latest breakthroughs in machine learning and natural language processing, Watson Discovery eliminates data silos and makes it easier for companies to load and analyze their data, without a need for advanced degree in data science. Watson Discovery is easily trained for a specific domain and with the flexibility of the IBM Cloud it is accessible from anywhere.
Date: May 20 from 9:00 to 16:30 Central European Time
Workshop format: this is a technical workshop with presentations, demos and hands-on exercises.
Audience: technical and business. The first hour is suitable for business audience. After that, we will dive into the technical details.
Prerequisites for attendees:
- have basic knowledge of the REST APIs
- you will use your laptops to view demos and perform exercises
- have IBM Cloud account. If you don't have it yet, you can create it for free at ibm.biz/cloud-4-dev
Location: this is an online workshop. Participants and instructors will communicate via WebEx video conference.
Registration: to register at this workshop, you must be logged in at this web site using the menu option Login. If you don't have a user ID at this web site yet, create it by clicking on Login, then Sign up (link at the bottom), then check your mailbox to verify your new user ID. Then return to this page and register to the workshop by clicking the Register button at the bottom. You can always see the workshops you are registered at, using the menu option My events. Your registration is confirmed when you receive an e-mail with the link to the WebEx video conference. This confirmation e-mail will be sent at least three days before the workshop or earlier.
Price: this workshop is free of charge for all who register at this web site.
Watson Discovery Service is delivered as a suite of APIs that aims to make it easier for companies to load and analyze their data, even if they don't have an advanced degree in data science. With Watson Discovery , you can unlock hidden value in data to find answers, monitor trends and surface patterns with the world's most advanced cloud-native insight engine.
Watson Discovery starts by ingesting and standardizing your data. Then, it enriches the data with natural language capabilities like sentiment analysis, named entity extraction, and concept tagging. Users can then use a query API to segment the data and search through it.
Many insights can be found in relationships among text-based data, such as news reports, and social media. Because Watson Discovery Service can read into these sources and understand the data at "massive scale," this service can open up new opportunities for developers to make use of that data.
- IBM Watson Discovery service overview - what it is and how it works - typical business cases
- Lab 1 & 2: Discovery step by step
- Smart Document Understanding (SDU): teach Watson the format of textual documents (titles, tables, etc...)
- Lab 3: SDU in practice
- Watson Knowledge Studio (WKS) overview: teach Watson your business domain semantics
- Lab 4: Watson Discovery service and Custom Model with WKS
- Watson Discovery service on a Private Cloud
- Watson Discovery service specialized offerings: Compare and Comply, analysis of contractual documents - Watson Discovery for Sales Force
Please Login to register in this event!